Have you been sending your ink or toner cartridges straight to the garbage bin after use? Well, a lot of people do that. In the United States, more than seven hundred cartridges are being thrown every minute. However, you should know that ink and toner cartridges can be recycled. Sustainable development is the goal of many green advocates and recycling cartridges can help them in achieving that.
What are the reasons for recycling cartridges?
One might wonder why cartridges should be recycled. Why not just throw them away and forget about them?
• It reduces water pollution – Millions of cartridges end up in landfills every year. And since it takes more than a thousand years for plastic to decompose, this is bad news for Mother Earth. There have also been so many accounts of water pollution associated with land filling. Thus, if there would be less cartridges thrown in sites, water can be kept clean for the generations to come.
• It reduces air pollution – Recycling plastic cartridges can also, in part, reduce air pollution. Manufacturers would not have to manufacture more cartridges as the ones that they have made in the past can be remanufactured. Thus, there would be less air pollution caused by the manufacturers.
• It reduces greenhouse gas emissions – Another good reason to recycle cartridges is that doing so can help reduce greenhouse gas emissions. If a lot of people would be willing to reuse their cartridges instead of throwing them away, the rapid global climate change can be slowed down.
How can the cartridges be recycled?
There are a number of ways on how the cartridges can be recycled. Here are some examples:
• They come with refill kits – Most cartridges these days are refillable or can be purchased with refill kits. Refilling your cartridges would not only help you save the environment. It can also help you reduce your printing costs. Because of that, it is a standard operating procedure for so many companies these days to have cartridges refilled.
• Drop them in recycling centers – Now, there are a lot of people who think that cartridge refilling is a little bit messy for them. If you think of the same thing as well, you can still recycle your cartridges by collecting them and then dropping them off in recycling centers. It is in these recycling centers where the cartridges are put to use through various ways. Usually, they are refilled.
• Send them back to the manufacturer – There are also a lot of manufacturing companies which take the cartridges back once they are empty. The good news is that most of these companies get their cartridges back for free. You would not have to spend a single cent. One of the reasons why companies do this is that remanufacturing plastic helps them spend less on energy.
Looking for some ink and toner cartridges that you would be able to recycle? Get them at Excel Toner. We offer ink and toner cartridges at the most competitive prices possible.