Anti-fans of recycled printing toners and ink cartridges continuously argue that the remanufactured printing products are, in the long run, less environmental efficient and more expensive than the new products. Well, before that, do you know what remanufactured printer toners and ink cartridges are?
These are basically previously used printer ink cartridges and toners that have been repaired, inspected, cleaned and then refilled afresh with new toner powder or ink and then reassembled and resold. The majority of their users today nevertheless are able to identify some of the possible issues with the recycled toners and ink cartridges.
What are some of the benefits of recycled toners and ink cartridges?
• To start with, recycled printer toners and ink cartridges cost almost 30-60% less than the new ones.
• Recycled toners and ink cartridges in a majority of cases are environmental friendly because for starters they conserve landfill space and an array of other natural resources.
• Printing toner and ink cartridges can be remanufactured or recycled up to four times without deteriorating on printout quality. It is good however to note that although the majority of the toner and ink cartridge remanufacturers accept to take your used recycled cartridges, they normally don’t pay for them as they can’t guarantee anything on them.
Two main remanufactured toners and ink cartridge recurring issues
• Toner and ink cartridge quality
According to a quality logic study that was done by a leading printing product manufacturer and published sometimes back in 2008, recycled toners and ink cartridges regularly produce lined, faded or blotchy text or printouts. The study also found out that around 35% of pages or documents printed from recycled toners and ink cartridges were unusable or of limited use and therefore required to be reprinted.
Nevertheless, the majority of recycled toner and ink cartridge suppliers nowadays are required to guarantee the overall performance of the remanufactured printing products on offer and hence the consumers need not to worry about their performance.
• Environmental efficiency of recycled toners and ink cartridges
Though the recycled toners and ink cartridges are hailed by many of their enthusiasts as being environmentally efficient, more than often, they force their users to waste a lot of toner, ink and paper while reprinting unacceptable pages or documents for that matter.
A study that was recently done by a professional consulting firm on printing products, shows that utilizing new ink and toner cartridges in the long run proves to be more environmental efficient as there is less wastage of paper and ink or toner powder than using remanufactured printing products. As it is, around 80% of the overall toner or cartridge waste occurs during the printing session.
Well, although the use of remanufactured printer cartridges and toners might appear more economical and environmental efficient, the quality of the produced work remains a major concern. To be on a safe side, you may want to settle for suppliers who can guarantee that the recycled printing product on offer, whether remanufactured toners and ink cartridges for this matter, exceeds or meets the quality of a genuine new product. And all in all, it is a good idea to reduce wastage by printing only the very essential pages or documents and if possible, doing so on the two sides of your printing paper.